Author Topic: How to post pictures & videos on the forum  (Read 2051 times)

Offline NoNumber

• Administrator
  • Professor of Whingeology
    • Classic Motor Prints - Personalised Auto Artwork
How to post pictures & videos on the forum
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:51:08 PM »
Some Grumpys have asked me how to load photos onto the forum, as its not readily shown here.
Do I have to do it all for you!!!!!
Sorry just having a grump!
You can either load them from your own web server, or if. like most people, you don't even know what that is, let alone have one, or you can join up to one of the free picture hosting sites and load them onto there.
I use http://photobucket.com/, but there are several others available. Once you have signed up, (its free!), just follow the instructions to upload your photos or videos. The best size for images is a maximum of 750 pixels at 72dpi, otherwise they get too big too look at on the screen easily.
When you see the photo showing in your "Album", there will be a link underneath the photo called "Direct Link". Just click on that to copy the coding, then go to your posting page on the forum.
Click the button 2nd from left on the bottom row, (insert image), this will place the text: "(img]paste your coding here[/img)". Click your cursor inbetween the two centre brackets and right click your mouse, select "paste".
The coding will then appear in the text. Then all you have to do is press the "Post" button and hey presto!
These instructions relate to Photobucket but the other hosting sites should be roughly the same.
Good Luck!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

To upload movies, just upload them as mpg or wmv, the same way as uploading photos, using photobucket or Youtube. Click the "Insert hyperlink" button and paste the link from your hosting site.

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm282/angliapopman/grumpys%20chill%20out/?action=view&current=JimmyCraicHead-JesusBuiltMyHotRod32.flv

To watch the movie, just click the link and it will open in a new window

Easy!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:18:56 AM by NoNumber »
I used to be a grumpy old git, but now I'm a fully fledged bastard!
www.classicmotorprints.co.uk - PERSONALISED ILLUSTRATIONS OF YOUR BIKE OR CAR
Thought I was seeing dots before my eyes :)