Author Topic: first solo ride  (Read 1852 times)

Offline dutch

• GOB CCXXXVIII
  • Slight Whinger
first solo ride
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
12 years of age middle of winter and my mates dad owned a farm, his new toy was a 3 speed fanny barnnet i think it was 185 cc or maybe 175cc (to far back to be bothered)....any ways i'm shown how this thing works (thinking i've been on me uncles 650 triumph when i was six (pillion) so this will be easy  HUH.
        PICTURE THE SCENE  a big field covered in snow and nowt to get in the way =SOFT LANDING if it goes tits up comes to mind doesnt it????.
      so off i go not bad round and round the field... great i can ride....Did i forget to mention an old austin parked in the middle of the field? well i was stuck in the snow ruts going round and round didnt know how to get out of em until one bright spark say lift the front end just like you do on yer peddly bike SSSOOOOO i did only to find the ruts made by his dad towing this wreck into the middle of this ENORMOUS field .....i can tell you this it CHUFFIN well hurts when you stop the bike with your shin against the bumper of the only CHUFFIN obsticle in the CHUFFIN field......i darent tell me mum why i was limping so bad and i carried the dint in me shin for years.....life sure is a learning curve.....the moral WEAR CHUFFIN SHIN PADS WHEN IT SNOWS ;D ;D ::)
bikes dont leak oil, they mark their territory

Offline missrosie1 XL1X

• Whinger Extraordinaire
  • no problems x only solutions x
Re: first solo ride
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »
like a case of the elephant in the room ------ no-one can see it!! x haha

growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional x
dont let anyone live in your head rent free x
the past is another country - they do things differently there x
there are no pockets in shrouds x