Author Topic: Farewell Ride for John Whitworth 18/11/08  (Read 1686 times)

Offline NoNumber

• Administrator
  • Professor of Whingeology
    • Classic Motor Prints - Personalised Auto Artwork
Farewell Ride for John Whitworth 18/11/08
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »
Dear Friends

If you are able to ride your bike to say farewell to John on Tuesday 18th November 2008, please assemble in the car park at The Festival Inn, Trowel by 11.30 am where procession leaders will give instructions and information before riding.

If you are travelling by car, you might want to park at The Crematorium at Bramcote, then walk down to the road to wait for John and the bikes to arrive.  The service begins at 12.30.

After the service, we are going to The White Cow on Nottingham Road Ilkeston.

Shirley has requested no flowers.  A donation for the Nottingham Hospice would be appreciated and cheques/cash will be collected by the funeral directors on the day.

Shirley is OK, keeping busy with a lot to organise. 

Any queries, please phone Steve on 07762 385 194.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you for sending/giving this information to other club/chapter members.Sherwood members and friends.   
After being in touch with the funeral directors and Bramcote Crematorium, these are the times and arrangements we have with them for Johns funeral.
As you can imagine Bramcote Crematorium is busy as usual, so not wanting to get in the way of any other funerals, these are the procedures for Tuesday 18th.

Meet no later than 11.45 at
The Festival Inn,
Ilkeston Road,
Trowell,
Nottingham.
NG9 3PX

The Festival will be open for coffees etc at 11am for those that want refreshment and probably a warm.
Please park your bikes in an orderly manner to allow a smooth exit when departing for the crematorium.
We will be departing from the Festival no later than 12.00pm.
When arriving at, for those going straight there,

Bramcote Crematorium,
Coventry Lane,
Bramcote,
Nottingham.
NG9 3GJ

We will take the left hand lane at the main entrance and park in the large car park on the left, again parking in an orderly manner.
As you were in formation on the road if possible,
Please remember to respect that there will be another funeral service finishing and another in progress, so please keep the noise down.
After parking your bike please make your way swiftly to the road that leads the way to the Chapel and form a line down the side to pay your respects to
The Big Fella, Shirl and family as they make their way to the chapel entrance.

Service.
Collection box/plate
Donations will be going to the Nottingham Hospice.
No flowers thank you.

After the service can you please make your way to your bike and prepare to ride past the cars.
Please do not start your bikes until you get the go ahead as another funeral will be arriving.
On departure we will make our way to the,

White Cow,
70 Nottingham Road,
Ilkeston,
Derbyshire.
DE7 5NX

Turning left out of the Crematorium and left again at the traffic lights, towards Trowell.

My apologies for this sounding a bit regimental but we must respect others at times like this.

Contact numbers on the day
Pete Clifford 07815 181 152
Mick Fisher  07771 967 389
Paul Allen     07970 861 865

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards
Pete
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:18:32 PM by NoNumber »
I used to be a grumpy old git, but now I'm a fully fledged bastard!
www.classicmotorprints.co.uk - PERSONALISED ILLUSTRATIONS OF YOUR BIKE OR CAR
Thought I was seeing dots before my eyes :)