Author Topic: Ayup! GOB DX  (Read 1103 times)

Offline PaulH

• Slight Whinger
Ayup! GOB DX
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »
First post on the forum since making my grumpiness official, though most who know me have known it for years anyway!

I'm Paul, originally from Barnsley I've been in Norfolk nearly 14 years after being based here in the army and now settled here with my other half, Sarah, and two mutts. I've been on bikes since I was 17 but until last year they'd pretty much all been 'crotch rocket' sportsbikes, with maybe the exception of a 1973 CB750 and 1981 Z1000 in the 90's.

Last bike was an '05 ZX10R but I now ride a 2013 Triumph Scrambler 900 (pic below, hopefully) which I'm slowly making a few mods to and love the different way of riding on the Trumpet- I never thought I'd have so much fun going so slow on two wheels!

I've met a few GOB's already at the Chequers and also been introduced to playing pool with a curved cue (that's my excuse anyway) at Keith's. Looking forward to meeting more of you at the rallies and RTTW later in the year. Don't expect me to bloody smile though...

Ride safe
Paul

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM by PaulH »

Grumpy CXXXVI

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:20:28 PM by Windwalker »

Offline Bish

• Slight Whinger
  • I'm CCXXX - joined July 09' at Fenlanders
Re: Ayup! GOB DX
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
Hi welcome nice to hear from you. I have a 04 zx10r the first one it would be nice to catch up and talk about the bike.
GOB CCXXX

Offline PaulH

• Slight Whinger
Re: Ayup! GOB DX
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 02:06:05 AM »
Hi Bish, the 04/05 ZX10R were the best of the earlier models and will definitely become a future 'classic' in my opinion, along with the likes of the early Blade and early R1.

I reckon the next couple of ZX10R models put on too much weight and lost a bit of the 'hooligan' rawness of the original. I'm not sure if the latest models have got a bit of that back cos I've not ridden one, but they're doing well at Superstock/Superbike levels so they can't be bad! lol

I've a few more bikes to get through on the posts I'm doing in the 'My Bikes' bit but the '10 will feature in the series at some point, with a few pics...