Author Topic: GOB DVII  (Read 1161 times)

Offline snowy

GOB DVII
« on: July 15, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »
Having admired several others GOB patches I decided to do the honourable thing and join the ranks. My bikes are a Wide Glide and an Electraglide Ultra. I got the former as a retirement prezzie to myself and under the instructions of "she who must be obeyed". The tourer came about following on from a trip to France with our bike group. Mrs Snowy said she had a great weekend but the bike was giving her back ache and we need a tourer. Standing squarely in front of her "I AM NOT SELLING THE WIDE GLIDE". Fortunately one had just come into the shop, a four year old with not many miles on her. 18 months later I had upped the mileage from 3450 to 10000 and I was still using the Wide Glide. It's all those cups of coffee that us OAPs like to go for.

Grumpy CXXXVI

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:17:26 AM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:15:38 PM by Windwalker »

Offline snowy

Re: GOB DVII
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »
Thank you. I've just posted an application form for The Misses to become a Grumpette before the price increase, ain't I a cheapskate? Also the other month I paid for a friend to join for his 50th birthday, that's Jim Garrett who is another Harley rider (MAG & HOG like myself).

Grumpy CXXXVI

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:15:20 PM by Windwalker »

Offline snowy

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
He still has the Sportster but hasn't ridden it in ages. He bought a Fat Boy and looks good on it, I don't think he knows what to do with the "little" bike. We keep saying that either Mrs G or his daughter ought to get a license and ride it, they seem more content to sit on the back of the bigun. Not both at the same time obviously.

We also keep suggesting to Mrs Snowy (a derivative of my surname) that she too should get a bike license but she won't be persuaded. She got knocked off her scooter some 45 years ago and hasn't driven a two wheeler since, she's fine on the back of the bike but doesn't want to know about being the pilot. Technically she owns the 2nd Harley we have but I get to ride and wash it.

Offline snowy

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
One question for CXXXVI (Infidel): is that the Geordie Union Flag on your profile "patch"? It being black and white.

Grumpy CXXXVI

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:14:58 PM by Windwalker »

Offline Tal 318

• Whinger Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse Snowy see you at the ChillOut. :Bananeyessss:
It's nice to be here,it's nice to be anywhere.

Offline snowy

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »
Thank you for the welcome guys.

Regarding the black and white Union Flag, I'm sure I saw a patch somewhere which had that and was described as the Geordie Flag. My parents were Geordies, plus I'm a hereditary Freeman of Newcastle upon Tyne, hence my interest.