Author Topic: .  (Read 2480 times)

Grumpy CXXXVI

« on: August 25, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:46:35 AM by Windwalker »

Offline Tal 318

• Whinger Extraordinaire
Re: Alien Abduction – The Missing Grumpys
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »
I think most forums are the same mate,i'm a member of a couple of other forums one of which has almost 4000 members and they are no different to Grumpys just a small percentage that post.Everyone else logs on and has a look to see whats happening and logs off again,i don't think you will change that.As for the Grumpy patch well it's a cool patch to have on your cut aint it,that's what i thought when i joined and still do.Unfortunately the Xmas do and Thomson always clash with other stuff(shame but can't do everything)but i'm doing my 4th Chillout this year so see you in September. :Bananeyessss:
It's nice to be here,it's nice to be anywhere.

Offline Midget

• Professor of Whingeology
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 06:57:48 PM »
Now that was an interesting post Major, you have toooooo much time on your hands I run a web site for a group called TVR's in the North East, we have a quite a few members and it would be fair to say only about 5% post at all, they log on look and turn up for weekly runs but rarely post.For me as long as they turn up for meetings and the odd run  I'm a happy bunny ( so to speak ) Bloody hell not a grump in the whole post cant have that .
Just done TIG it was bloody cold, winter has arrived in the Highlands so I'm of to see the daughter in North Carolina bike booked .

Offline The Count

• Slight Whinger
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »
Blimey - that was a major grump if ever there was one! Just what we need on here. Here's my grump for today - I can't make the Chillout because I will be away on holiday in sunnier climes. Oh - hang on a minute ..................
Don't despair too much Major - I run a forum (motorcycle club) and no bugger has posted on it since 31/05/2013 and that was me!
Anyway, I'm off the bottom rung of 10 posts on GOB now & up to 11 with this drivel.
Love from The Count (careful how you spell it when writing). 8)
GOB CCCL

Offline snowy

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »
Same as t'others. I'm with another bike club which has a forum and Faecesbook, sorry, Facebook pages and the forum gets little or nothing. All the activity is on Facebook. Whilst you may get more posts on FB, I don't think that it is the way to go. At least on a forum you get stuff grouped by relevancy. Generally.

Snowy
DVII

Offline dutch

• GOB CCXXXVIII
  • Slight Whinger
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »
don't think you will change people either you either like drivelling or ya divnt  :looksmiley: and I cant think of a single grump... sun is shining and im at work SH#T.  :'(
bikes dont leak oil, they mark their territory

Offline Midget

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 05:37:10 PM »
Go on there must be a bigger  grump in there than S--t I'm at work even just a little one . 8)

Offline dutch

• GOB CCXXXVIII
  • Slight Whinger
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 11:59:16 PM »
yeh bolloks im workin tomorrow as well  :'( will that do  ::)

Offline Midget

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 07:58:22 AM »
 :greenstars: :greenstars: :greenstars: :greenstars: :greenstars: :greenstars: thats better I was thinking you had gone soft  ::)

Offline PW

• Fully Qualified Whinger
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
Well I'm a newbie and losing my posting virginity right now..after reading that amazing Grump. I am GOB 516..forgot what this is in Roman..but then my Italian is a little rusty) I'm intending to attend the chillout having already booked the time of work...and as I'm crap at putting the tent up it will probably take me until the last day to get it sorted!

I ride a fatbob..and I generally ride more than I polish it,and whilst I give the missus every encouragement to clean it, having bought her all the gear to do so ( including some rather fetching bottomless overalls) she dosnt share my passion for all things petrol and oil with two wheels and very noisy..so it's always down to me...although to her credit she reckons she can distinguish the sound of my hog from others..respect for that is due! At some stage in the not too distant future I really fancy some cosmetic surgery to transform my beloved into a cafe racer ( the bike not the missus...although thinking about it ....)...anyway enough of my rambling I look forward to seeing you all at the chillout to chew the cud and consume some fine ale.

Offline dutch

• GOB CCXXXVIII
  • Slight Whinger
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:02 PM »
welcome ..............just cant get the staff nowadays got to clean me own scoot n arl  :-[

Offline RussT

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 01:45:25 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:47:17 AM by Windwalker »

Offline NoNumber

• Administrator
    • Classic Motor Prints - Personalised Auto Artwork
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »

Hmmm, censorship??? :-\
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:58:05 PM by NoNumber »
I used to be a grumpy old git, but now I'm a fully fledged bastard!
www.classicmotorprints.co.uk - PERSONALISED ILLUSTRATIONS OF YOUR BIKE OR CAR
Thought I was seeing dots before my eyes :)

Offline PaulH

• Slight Whinger
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »
Good thread Major, some interesting stats although it's true- you obviously have way too much time!  ;D

I've not been on the forum for a while and haven't a large amount of posts by any stretch, although I'd like to think most of the ones I've made were fairly substantial. I'll be doing more this year anyway, I want to finish my 'biking history' threads for a start!

Anyway I'm off to look at the lovely sunny weather outside, since I can't ride my bloody bike today... Typical! Grrrr >:(