Author Topic: Wet,Cold,Windy...but great!  (Read 682 times)

Offline PW

• Fully Qualified Whinger
Wet,Cold,Windy...but great!
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »
Went riding on Saturday it was not the perfect start to the day as conditions were miserable still I had the bike booked in for the recall check at BB so had to go..by the time I got there the complimentary coffee was much needed and the free donut was a welcome surprise...the bike looked as though I had gone cross country and screamed 3 hours cleaning at me...still later on by the time I left the rain had stopped, I had dried out,and managed to resist a second donut!..also had the opportunity to chat to a few fenlanders whom where there and was quietly impressed by the briefing their road captain was giving the group concerning the next stage of their ride out particularly the part where he said " bear in mind you ride for yourself and are responsible for your own destiny"...it made me think of the times when in a club ( other than the ancient and venerable  of a GOB) that I have been moaned at because I didn't want to ride at the speed of light everywhere and thus failed to even keep the pack in sight let alone keep up with it!. The ride home was great the roads were unusually quiet and drying out well and I was able to open the throttle and warm the old girl up, which in turn the heat from the engine dried out my trousers quiet nicely!...happy days 8)

Offline Tal 318

• Whinger Extraordinaire
Re: Wet,Cold,Windy...but great!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 02:15:03 PM »
Happy days indeed,well apart from all that cleaning eh.

It's nice to be here,it's nice to be anywhere.