Author Topic: read and learn  (Read 615 times)

Offline Midget

• Professor of Whingeology
read and learn
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:24:14 PM »
 Bennetts insurance....IMPORTANT.

Took out an insurance policy with Bennetts Biking Services Ltd..... did it online and paid with my debit card. They wanted proof of NCB sending through, which I did by email (one of the methods accepted).

Got a return email saying thank you, it is being 'processed' and to ignore any letters in the meantime.

Got a letter a couple of days ago saying if I don't send proof of No Claims Discount they will be charging me an extra £105-31 plus a 'policy amendment fee' of £32, so I ignored it as advised as I had not had any further response from the NCD department.

This morning, at 7.35am (yup, on a Sunday morning) I received a email from Bennets '....thanking me for upgrading my policy.....' and '....Following your recent request to make an amendment to your policy, your new insurance certificate, policy schedule and Statement of Fact detailing any changes that apply can be found attached......'

I have had no letter or email refusing my proof of NCB

I have had no letter or email informing me that they WILL be taking £137.31 from my bank account.

I have made no .....'request to make an amendment to my policy'.....

I HAVE CERTAINLY NOT GIVEN MY PERMISSION for Bennetts to take any money from my account.......but they have.

As this is a public forum feel free to repost this if you wish, I'm dripping with spare cash so it's of no consequence to me but others may not be as fortunate......this is purely a public service announcement.

Offline Tal 318

• Whinger Extraordinaire
Re: read and learn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
Mmmm i just took out ins with Bennets a couple of days ago and sent proof of no claims by email  and got a reply saying thank you for providing proof we aim to process this within the next three working days,i will wait and see.Thanks for the heads up.
It's nice to be here,it's nice to be anywhere.

Offline PW

• Fully Qualified Whinger
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:17:43 PM »
Renewed my ins this week with hog and all they needed was a unsettling large amount of cash....ho hum! :'(

Offline mick_debs2006

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
Bennetts are rob dogs when it come to bike insurance. Last year I insured my Harley 883 custom and Suzuki SV650 at a cost of £109 and a few pence for both bike on a multi policy . This year I have taken the SV  off the road so was expecting a significant reduction in mu policy with Bennetts . When I came to renew it in May did it on line and was completely gobsmacked when the renewal price for just the Harley came back at £188.79 . Suffice to say I didn't renew with Bennetts.
Lifes not about the breath's that you take , but the moments that take your breath away.