Author Topic: Am I being unreasonable?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline PW

• Fully Qualified Whinger
Am I being unreasonable?
« on: August 24, 2015, 10:03:53 PM »
Booked my beloved in for some light surgical enhancements and 10k service..bill will be around £2k...some 3 weeks ago and still all the parts are not available...is this any way to run a business or am I being inpatient and unreasonable? >:(

Offline Midget

• Professor of Whingeology
Re: Am I being unreasonable?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:30 AM »
You are having a laugh !! unreasonable no way! The people who have the bike are at fault ( dealer ) ? Assuming that they were
aware before you took it in what you were wanting done IMHO.
2K flipping heck what cost that much?

Offline PW

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Yes the dealer will do the work...they don't have the bike but said would order the parts first,apparently still waiting on clutch cable. Work comprises new bars,risers,cables, powder coating lower fork covers and 10k service....gonna call them AGAIN today... :'(

Offline Tal 318

• Whinger Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
Hope it's sorted before Chillout  :)
It's nice to be here,it's nice to be anywhere.

Offline PW

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
Yep...all done well before chillout...happy days! :greenstars:

Offline Midget

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:39 PM »
It,s done!!! or you hope it will be done before the chill out?

Offline PW

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:01:19 PM »
It will be done well before chillout...in theory will be done by the week-end after the bank holiday..they say they only need it for a couple of days. :Bananeyessss:

Offline PW

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 05:47:52 PM »
My beloved was collected today to go in for surgery...it nearly ended needing rather more than planned as the guy very nearly went arse over tip riding it up the ramp and into the van...my hear skipped several beats as I'm sure his did!...going into the garage with only the slight whiff of bike bit no bike is rather sad..but still should be back by week-end ...hopefully! 8)

Offline PW

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 09:28:38 PM »
Well it's taken rather longer than expected...by a country mile to be fair...anyway just confirmed today the old girl will be brought back next Tuesday afternoon, in good time to load up for the chill out ....oh yesssssss! :greenstars:

Offline Tal 318

• Whinger Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »
Good oh see you there then  :looksmiley:
It's nice to be here,it's nice to be anywhere.

Offline PW

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 04:58:12 PM »
Bike now back and looking gorgeous...just wished they remembered to reattach the windscreen...hey ho!...see you all the chillout! 8)

Offline PW

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
It was a while ago now, but I noticed some irregularities whilst riding to the chillout after having the new handlebars and grips fitted...didn't really notice what the cause was until the accelerator hand grip was halfway off the bar...that was a focussing moment...still all sorted....more recently I went and saw the new Bond movie Monday night and dare I say I thought it a little boring in parts..and slightly out of focus...there I was taking my glasses off cleaning then  taking them  the off, putting them back on again numerous times..has anyone else noticed it was in soft focus at the start?...also I thought it thin on the ground on Bond beauties...although the blonds was easy on  the eye..could make an old biker very happy or a happy biker very old!...I have just noticed a weather switch has been flicked as it's Halloween and finally looks like and feels like winter..very misty and nippy...ideal camping weather really.... 8)

Offline Midget

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 06:44:35 PM »
The dealer curse strikes again IMHO they are c--p find yourself a good indy and dont spend another pound with people who do not care "hey ho its only your life " 70/10 mph and oh dear!!! the throttle  falls off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still not a problem yerr right . >:(  >:(  >:( rant over